I offer managed WordPress hosting for book lovers (bloggers and authors) who are tired of dealing with tech stuff, maintenance and security. Sit back and blog, and let me handle the rest.
Here’s what my super simple startup process looks like:
“The single thing that has impressed me most, is the utterly professional and caring level of customer service I receive every time I have a question or submit a support ticket.”
Cristina, Girl in the Pages
You want a website that’s safe, maintained, and taken care of
Do you know one of the number one reasons that WordPress sites get hacked? They weren’t being updated. Maintenance is an extremely important part of running a blog or website. You have to:
- Update WordPress
- Update plugins and themes
- Monitor plugins that HAVEN’T been updated (maybe they have known security holes that haven’t been patched!)
- Know which plugins are safe and which ones are dodgy
- Take measures against brute force attacks (when someone tries to guess your password over and over again)
It’s a lot of work and the stakes are high. Wouldn’t it be easier if there was an expert to do all that for you and do it right?
Let’s make your life easier and your website faster
I have two goals: first, to make your life easier and less techy. I take care of all these annoying maintenance tasks so that you don’t have to. No more dealing with updates or the dreaded white screen of death.
“The customer service alone is exceptionally prompt and accurate. [Ashley] does not miss a single detail in your requests and the turn around time is spectacular.”
Carrie, Bears Read Too!
My service includes:
- A blazingly fast, SSD-powered server that’s optimized for WordPress.
- A powerful caching system to make your site load even faster. (Can you tell that I value speedy sites?)
- Free SSL certificate included to encrypt your website (set up automatically).
- Maintenance and updates performed for you so you don’t have to lift a finger.
- Built-in security features to protect your site against brute force attacks.
- Free access to my plugins and themes (Nose Graze themes that are designed by a third party must be purchased separately).
- Free migrations from WordPress.com and Blogger.
- Daily, server-wide backups that are safely stored off-site.
- A support team that’s well-versed in server management and WordPress.
“Everything loads so much faster and I haven’t encountered the errors I used to on our other host. So nice!”
Kristen, The Book Monsters
Is this right for you?
My hosting is perfect for you if:
- You’re a book blogger or author. My service primarily caters to book lovers. ♥
- You’ve outgrown a free platform and want something more, but you don’t want to have to deal with cPanel and FTP and installer scripts. You want something easy.
- You hate being responsible for maintaining a website.
- You don’t like techy stuff.
- You want someone who will install plugins and themes for you.
- You want a WordPress expert to turn to if you have any questions.
My hosting isn’t a good fit if:
- You’re a developer.
- You create your own themes.
- You want to be able to install plugins or themes without having to ask someone to do it for you
- You don’t want to use WordPress.
- You want your own multisite installation.
Your new website is literally 5 minutes away
“I can’t recommend Ashley’s services enough. I was just really happy, as a book blogger, to spend my money with another book blogger who understands and knows the book blogging community’s needs, rather than some faceless company.”
Tara, The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shh
My goal is to make it ridiculously easy for you to start a blog or website. You don’t have to deal with FTP, cPanel, or installation scripts. All you have to do is sign up, pay, and you get immediate access to your new WordPress site. Everything is handled for you, all you have to do is login and start building your website.
Managed WordPress Hosting $19.99/month
- Free setup
- 1 WordPress site
- 1 free subdomain on bookblog.io;
or a custom domain (from +$12 per year)
- 3GB disk space
- WordPress core, plugin, and theme updates are done for you
- Unlimited* bandwidth
- Free access to Nose Graze themes & plugins*
- Free migrations from WordPress.com and Blogger
- Premium customer support
What does 'unlimited' mean?
“Unlimited” means we don’t have a set limit, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you can use as much as you want. For example, we don’t have a specific limit on RAM, CPU, or bandwidth usage. However, if you start using so much RAM or CPU that you are slowing down the entire server, we will have to talk to you about upgrading to a different plan. But this event is unlikely; most bloggers use what we consider a “normal” amount of RAM, CPU, and bandwidth.
Do you back up my site?
The entire server is backed up locally every six hours, and once a day to an off-site location for security purposes. This way, in the unlikely event of server failure, we have the data saved to roll back to.
However, hosting accounts are not backed up individually; we only back up all sites into a single backup. If you want to have your own backups, you are responsible for doing this yourself using the WordPress “Export” tool or a service like VaultPress.
Do I get my own WordPress installation?
When you host your site with us, you are given a sub-site within a WordPress Multisite Network. So you share the installation with other users, but only you have access to your own admin panel. A multisite installation looks exactly like a normal one except that you cannot upload your own plugins or themes (see below).
Can I install my own plugins and themes?
Individual users cannot install their own plugins or themes. If you have a custom theme, you may request that it be added to your site and we will do that for you. If you want to have a specific plugin installed, you can submit a request and it will be reviewed. But we only add plugins that are secure and reputable.
What themes are available?
You have free, instant access to all pre-made themes that were coded and designed by Nose Graze. Unfortunately this excludes themes that are sold on Nose Graze that were designed by someone else. However, you can still buy those themes and have them activated on your installation.
Your WordPress site also comes with a selection of free WordPress themes from the WordPress.org theme directory. If you want to use one that isn’t available, all you have to do is ask and we’ll install it for you. 🙂
Why don't you offer any caching plugins?
We have a caching system built in with the server, so there is no need for another caching plugin inside WordPress.
You keep saying 'we'. Who runs this gig?
This business is run by my husband and I. Together, we make one hell of a team. I’m the WordPress guru and plugin/theme developer. My husband is the incredible server administrator.
The beauty of working with us over another hosting business is that we know WordPress. Other web hosts may know server admin very well, but they can’t help you with WordPress problems because it’s “not their problem”. I know WordPress inside and out and I’m eager to share my knowledge with you!
Have any questions?
I’d love to talk to you about your blog, website, or business to see if my hosting would be a good fit. Please feel free to get in touch so we can go over any questions you have. 🙂